The Committee is responsible for developing and agreeing commodities-related policy positions on all European commodities topics (EU, UK and other geographic European countries as appropriate) for AFME.
Key areas of focus for the Committee:
- Support business-focused initiatives relating to the growth and health of financial and physical commodities markets and address trading, operational and infrastructure issues specific to banks
- Identify and develop initiatives to assist members’ implementation of various regulatory and market best practice initiatives
- Contribute to the development of EU and UK policy on all commodities issues, including carbon markets (CCMs and VCMs)
- Guide AFME’s engagement with the official sector on commodities issues, from a sell-side perspective
- Ensure a coordinated approach to the work with other relevant trade associations to ensure efficient coverage of topics and avoid duplication of effort